BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 17, 2009

German airline to offer smoking-only aircraft


During my daily browsing, I stumbled across this post from Gadling.

While I am very much anti-smoking myself, having worked in a smoky bar and lived with a housemate who smoked (did not do me good!!), I like this idea. I mean, everybody on the planet must know by know that smoking is bad, expensive, can give you cancer etc. But people still do it anyway and it's only fair to offer a choice.

I can imagine, for instance, that a seven-hour flight is hellish for a heavy smoker. And while I don't believe non-smokers should be subjected to cigarette smoke against their will, I also don't think options for smokers should just be wiped out.

It seems this service, which is still in its planning stages, will be a rather upmarket affair, so not much help to the majority of the general population, but still. I hope that it does come to fruition - if not least because smokers have been rather hard-done-by lately and could probably do with an in-flight ciggie.

What do you all think? Am I wrong to endorse this? Or is it a victimless crime when everybody has gone along with it consensually?

To read more from Kat, follow her on Twitter here and say hello! Alternatively become a fan of HolidayCheck UK on facebook for all the latest news from the site.

0 comments: